- This event has passed.
Argo: to the earth – music for string quartet and cavernous spaces
8 July @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm AEST
Tickets $55 Two-Concert Pass | Single Tickets: $30
Following from a sold out concert in 2016, Argo returns to one of our favourite venues, underground in Brisbane’s heritage-listed Spring Hill Reservoir. Eerie yet chillingly beautiful, the maze-like chambers set the scene for a night full of intensity and edge, featuring a quartet of players from the Camerata and live visuals by Bec Todd.
- Camerata – Queensland’s Chamber Orchestra
The program includes the Australian premiere of John Luther Adams’ sonorous Canticles of to Sky, the motoric patterns of a newly commissioned string quartet by Chris Perren, Philip Glass’ post-minimal masterpiece fifth string quartet, and the sheer combustible energy of Connor D’Netto’s award-winning second quartet.
- John Luther Adams Canticles to the Sky^
- Chris Perren a luminous moment, unfolded*
- Philip Glass String Quartet No. 5
- Connor D’Netto String Quartet No. 2 in E minor
- Bec Todd live visuals
^ Australian premiere
* World premiere, commissioned by argo in 2017