Australian World Orchestra – AWO Six Chamber Concert
30 July @ 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm AEST$63
The Australian World Orchestra presents AWO SIX, an impressive lineup of six virtuoso musicians, formed to showcase the limitless talent of Australia’s classical musicians. After presenting large scale orchestral concerts in Melbourne and Canberra, the AWO strips down to the bareness of a beautiful intimate chamber setting for Sydney audiences. AWO SIX will perform one night only at City Recital Hall where the audience will experience the brilliance of true musical mastery in an unforgettable chamber concert.
Mendelssohn’s String Quintet No.2 in B flat major is richly melodic and haunting, and a wonderful example of the composer’s genius ability to create romantic conversations between stringed instruments.
Brahms’ Sextet No.2 in G major could easily be described as a musical expression of his infatuation with the soprano Agathe von Siebold. It is the universally relatable story of unrequited love sung by cellos, violas and violins.
The AWO’s Chamber All-Stars
- Violin – Natalie Chee (1st Concertmaster – SWR Symphony Orchestra, Stuttgart)
- Violin – Daniel Dodds (Leader & Artistic Director – Festival Strings Lucerne)
- Viola – Tahlia Petrosian (Gewandhaus Orchestra)
- Viola – Andra Darzins (University of Music Stuttgart)
- Cello – David Berlin (Principal Cello, Melbourne Symphony Orchestra)
- Cello – Julian Thompson (Australian Chamber Orchestra)