- This event has passed.
AWO 2017 Chamber Music Festival
26 November 2017 @ 11:00 am - 3:00 pm AEDT
One event on 25 November 2017 at 7:00 pm
One event on 26 November 2017 at 11:00 am
Join us for intimate chamber concerts in two unique heritage properties in the NSW Southern Highlands when the Australian World Orchestra brings the AWO 2017 Chamber Music Festival to town.
Book yourself in for a weekend of exhilarating music and fabulous country hospitality at Hopewood House and The Robertson Hotel – accommodation can be purchased directly from the hotel on 02 4885 1111.
Featuring a stellar lineup of Australian musicians from the local and international stage, the AWO Chamber Music Festival will thrill audiences with this year’s programme.
International artists Miki Tsunoda (violin, Antwerp Symphony Orchestra) and Sally Clarke (viola, Radio Symphony Orchestra Stuttgart) will join local musicians Lerida Delbridge (Assistant Concertmaster, Sydney Symphony Orchestra; Tinalley String Quartet) Christina Leonard (saxophone, AWO Chamber Music Festival Artistic Director), Marcello Maio (piano accordion), Kees Boersma (double bass, Sydney Symphony Orchestra), Timothy Nankervis (Sydney Symphony Orchestra).
Sunday’s concert at the beautiful Hopewood House is child friendly, with heavily discounted children’s tickets available to encourage families to attend. Parents are free to get up between movements/pieces to take children for a walk to let off steam if needed.
PROGRAMME – CONCERT 1
“Serenade” – Saturday November 25, 7pm at The Robertson Hotel, Robertson
- Miki Tsunoda (violin), Sally Clarke (viola), Timothy Nankervis (cello), Christina Leonard (Saxophone)
- Edwards – Ecstatic Dances
- Beethoven – Serenade in D Maj Op.8
- Edwards – Prelude and White Cockatoo Spirit Dance
Interval with drinks and canapés
- Edwards – Prelude and Laughing Rock
- Dohnanyi – Serenade in C Maj Op 10
- Edwards – TBC
- Arnold arr. Leonard – Quartet Op 61
Post-concert soiree with drinks and canapés
PROGRAMME – CONCERT 2
“Fandango!”– Sunday November 26, 11am at Hopewood House, Bowral – The Hopewood Family Concert
- Miki Tsunoda (violin), Lerida Delbridge (violin), Sally Clarke (viola), Timothy Nankervis (cello), Kees Boersma (double bass), Christina Leonard (Saxophone), Marcello Maio (piano accordion)
- Mendelssohn – String Symphony No.1 in C Maj
- Dvorak arr. Leonard – Waltz Op 54 No.2
- Carr-Boyd, arr. Leonard – Balmoral Beach Rag
- Elgar arr. Leonard – Chanson de Nuit Op15 No1
- Mozart – Divertimento in D Major K136
Interval (includes complimentary glass of sparkling)
- Wolf – Italian Serenade
- Carr-Boyd, arr. Leonard – Rag for Razz
- Ponce, arr. Leonard – Estrellita
- Maio – solo Accordion
- Carr-Boyd, arr. Leonard – Fandango for Fifi
- Villoldo, arr. Maio – El Choclo
- Rodriguez, arr. Maio – La Cumparsita
- Jobim/Moraes, arr. Maio – Sem Voce
- Maio – Hope
- Carmichael – Stardust
- Sanders – Adios Muchachos
Post-concert country luncheon, with wines available to purchase