AWO Chamber Tour – 8 of Australia’s finest musicians, 4 concerts only
24 July @ 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm AEST
The Australian World Orchestra’s – Chamber 8 on Tour are a supergroup of Australia’s finest musicians who work and perform with some of the world’s greatest orchestras. These extraordinary musicians will come together for just four concerts in 2017 as they tour their exceptional musicianship around Australia.
The AWO’s Chamber 8 on Tour will perform a captivating programme of the Beethoven Septet featuring Andrew Bain of the LA Philharmonic on horn, and the Dvořák String Quintet featuring Matthew McDonald of the Berlin Philharmonic on double bass with an ensemble of some of Australia’s greatest musicians.
This is a rare opportunity to witness music-making of the highest calibre where each of the eight musicians have the opportunity to display their individual brilliance. The unusual scoring of Beethoven’s septet with a single clarinet, horn, bassoon, and strings allows for the musicians to interplay and engage in high-spirited solos and duets in what is arguably Beethoven’s finest chamber music composition.
Matthew McDonald’s double bass performance in Dvořák’s String quintet brings a pizzicato sparseness to the bottom of the texture and creates a platform for the interweaving melodic strands of Dvořák’s master craftsmanship.
The AWO Chamber 8 on Tour is chamber music at its finest.
- BEETHOVEN: Septet in E-flat major, Op.20
- DVOŘÁK: String Quintet No.2, Op.77
- Violin Natalie Chee (SWR Symphony Orchestra Stuttgart)
- Violin Daniel Dodds (Festival Strings Lucerne)
- Viola Tahlia Petrosian (Gewandhaus Leipzig)
- Cello David Berlin (Melbourne Symphony Orchestra)
- Double bass Matthew McDonald (Berlin Philharmonic Orchestra)
- Clarinet Paul Dean (Queensland Conservatorium)
- Bassoon Lyndon Watts (Munich Philharmonic)
- Horn Andrew Bain (LA Philharmonic Orchestra)