- This event has passed.
Bach Akademie Australia | Bach’s Concertos
4 October 2019 @ 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm AEST
Tickets: Adult $55-$90 | Concession $35-$70
Come and discover the magic of Johann Sebastian Bach’s wonderful instrumental concertos. Out of all of J.S. Bach’s works, as few as 28 were classed as concertos, and every one of them, a gem in its own right.
Bach Akademie Australia shines a light on three giants of this wonderful repertoire – Brandenburg Concerto No. 4, Violin Concerto in E major and the monumental Harpsichord Concerto in D minor, and will also present the little known, but beautiful Oboe D’Amore Concerto in A major.
To perform these masterpieces will be renowned harpsichordist Neal Peres da Costa, Artistic Director of Bach Akademie Australia and violinist Madeleine Easton, baroque oboist Aaron Reichelt and baroque recorder specialists Mikaela Oberg and Alicia Crossley.
- Johann Sebastian BACH | Oboe D’amore concerto in A major BWV 1055 – Soloist: Aaron Reichelt
- Johann Sebastian BACH | Sinfonia to Cantata BWV 182: ‘Himmelskönig, sei willkommen’
- Johann Sebastian BACH | E major Violin Concerto BWV 1042 – Soloist: Madeleine Easton
- Johann Sebastian BACH | Brandenburg Concerto no.4 in G major – Soloists: Madeleine Easton, Mikaela Oberg, Alicia Crossley
- Johann Sebastian BACH | Harpsichord Concerto no.1 in D minor BWV 1052 – Soloist: Neal Peres da Costa