- This event has passed.
Bach Akademie Australia: The sacred music of J.S Bach
21 April @ 8:00 pm - 9:30 pm AEST
A reserve: $90
B reserve: $70
C reserve: $45
Bach Akademie Australia is pleased to present a program of sacred Bach Cantatas and two wonderful instrumental and solo works. We begin with the hauntingly beautiful early masterpiece of Bach’s; ‘Actus Tragicus’ featuring the rare combination of baroque Recorders and Viola da Gambas along with our four magnificent vocal soloists.To perform the astonishingly difficult but joyful Brandenburg Concerto no.2 is Richard Fomison, Australia’s foremost specialist on the natural Trumpet. Next is Daniel Yeadon and Neal Peres da Costa performing one of the rarely heard Viola da Gamba Sonatas. To conclude, we present one of Bach’s major Leipzig cantata BWV 175 which will once again feature Viola da Gambas, recorders plus oboe, trumpets, strings and our four superb vocal soloists .
- J.S Bach – Cantata BWV 106: Actus Tragicus
- J.S Bach – Brandenburg Concerto no.2 BWV 1049 – Soloist: Richard Fomison
- J.S Bach – Viola da Gamba sonata no.3 in G minor BWV 1029 – soloists: Daniel Yeadon & Neal Peres da Costa
- J.S Bach -Cantata BWV 175: Er rufet in seinen Schafen
- Susannah Lawergren – Soprano
- Toby Cole – Alto
- Richard Butler – Tenor
- Andrew Fysh – Bass