- This event has passed.
BackStage Music | Radio Signals
17 October 2019 @ 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm AEDT
Tickets: General admission $35 | Concession $20
Tickets are available online through and at the door (subject to availability).
Backstage Music are pleased to be celebrating the music of Karlheinz Stockhausen and Luciano Berio alongside new works by Cathy Milliken and Fiona Hill in this program. Stockhausen and Berio were pioneers of electronic music and electro acoustic music in the 1960s and 70s. Australian oboist and composer, Cathy Milliken worked with both composers during her time as a member of Ensemble Modern and this concert provides an opportunity to hear music from first hand experience of these composers at work. Both Berio and Stockhausen were known for combining the human voice with electronics and pre-recorded material and Fiona Hill’s piece Imago, takes the technology further, using Max patch technology to integrate electronic, pre-recorded, computer generated and live acoustic sounds.
- Luciano BERIO | Altra Vocei for voice, flute and live electronics
- Karlheinz STOCKHAUSEN | Spiral for oboe and electronics
- Cathy MILLIKEN | Urge me Not for solo for voice
- Fiona HILL | Imago for flute, voice and electronics
- Improvisation for trio
- Cathy Milliken | oboe
- Jane Sheldon | soprano
- Lamorna Nightingale | flute
- with Fiona Hill live electronics
Early career artists:
- Lewis Mosley | composer
- Sam Weller | saxophone
- Charlie Sundborn | saxophone