- This event has passed.
BackStage Music: Sound-Light Geometries + Enzembil Onssommble
11 August @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm AEST$20.00 – $35.00
Tickets: General admission: $35 | Concession: $20
SOUND-LIGHT GEOMETRIES explores the combination of music and light, architecture and the movement of instruments and bodies on stage. Frankenstein keyboards control light as well as sound, a pianist controls a video-game avatar version of himself, a violinist combines choreography with new sounds from her instrument as well as wine glasses, and analogue synths create retro colours and textures. With performers Zubin Kanga (keyboards), Anna McMichael (violin) and Ben Carey (synths and electronics) it features new works by Damian Barbeler, Amanda Cole, Ciaran Frame, Stefan Prins and Ben Carey/Zubin Kanga.
Enszomble Onsombil will present a set of pieces that blur the line between composed and improvised where human creative agency becomes a variable for a creator(s) to orchestrate. Their music will explore alternative modes of performance; audience members will be forcefully propelled into the creative process.
- A set that may contain smoke alarms, bananas, farting and electric guitar.
- Damian Barbeler- work for piano action and light (6 mins)
- Ciaran Frame – work for Broadwood and lights (5 min)
- Damian Barbeler – Work for violin, Broadwood piano, lights and comforting (7 mins)
- Amanda Cole – Work for violin, piano harp, wine glasses and light (8 mins)
- Ben Carey/Zubin Kanga – duo on modular synths and objects (10 mins)
- Stefan Prins – Piano Hero for keyboard, live electronics and live video (7 mins)