- This event has passed.
Birdsong at Dusk
31 July 2018 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm AEST$20 – $30
Sydney’s champions of adventurous new music, Ensemble Offspring, give a concert in their core trio line-up of flute, clarinet and percussion.
It’s a program of composers shining the limelight on the new – every work on the program was either written specifically for the musicians of Ensemble Offspring or within the last ten years.
All works are by Australian composers, and a common theme is birdsong and the weird and wonderful squeaks, croaks and creaks of Australian native animals. Ensemble Offspring present bite sized, fun and up-beat works to welcome in the dusk.
- Jane Stanley – Desert Rose Movt 1 (2010) for flute and vibraphone 3′
- Jane Stanley – Helix Reflection (2013) for flute and clarinet 4′
- Hollis Taylor – Owen Springs Reserve (2014 & 2016) for vibraphone and field recording 6′
- Melody Eotvos – Leafcutter (2012) for clarinet and vibraphone 5′
- Felicity Wilcox – Yurabirong (2016) for bass clarinet 6’
- Tristan Coelho – Daybreak (2018) for flute and electronics (World Premiere) 6’
- Fiona Loader – Lorikeet Corroboree (2015) for flute, clarinet, vibraphone 8’
- Claire Edwardes (percussion)
- Jason Noble (clarinet)
- Lamorna Nightingale (flute)