- This event has passed.
Cello Dreaming 101 : Tips and Tricks for Setting Up Beginner Students
31 January 2019 @ 1:30 pm - 3:00 pm AEST$11.64 – $38.01
Advanced player, string teacher, music teacher, music student.
With over twenty-five years teaching experience in many fields – classroom music, instrumental music lessons, tertiary level tuition, workshops, community music, special needs education, school presentations and performance outreach projects, Louise King has the motivation and experience to empower teachers to be revitalized and upskilled and suggests ways to manage work flow and student pastoral care and school responsibilities.
As a Visiting Teaching Artist to music conservatoriums, regional communities and tertiary level institutions, Louise has successfully spread the joy of teaching and shared creative ways to use planning and creativity to motivated teachers.
Louise looks forward to working with you and your organisation to create a supportive, hands-on and dynamic learning experience.
Cello Dreaming 101: Tips & Tricks for Setting Up Beginner Students
- Setting up the learning environment and lesson space
- Tips for group lessons and private one on one sessions
- Reflection Time on ‘How YOU Learnt Music’ – what works, what doesn’t
- Exploring 4 Lesson Essentials ‘who what why how’
- Design your own ‘Teacher’s Toolkit’
- Instruments, set–ups & care
- Technique versus Musicality
- Essential Musicianship Training
- The 3 P’s – Posture, Praise and Purpose
- Trouble-shooting problems with mentor and facilitator Louise King to overcome central issues in your teaching practice
- Left Hand and Bow Arm games and exercises to build facility, flexibility and strength
- Practice Guidelines