- This event has passed.
Coro Innominata | A Midwinter Night’s Dream
10 August 2019 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm AEST
Tickets: Adult $40 | Concession $35
Tickets are also available at the door, or please call 0455 245 545
It’s winter… so come and warm yourself with some beautiful, dreamy choral singing.
AN ENCHANTING MUSICAL JOURNEY FROM SUNSET TO STARLIGHT… AND BEYOND TO THE LAND OF DREAMS
Night-time is a magical place of heightened imagination. It is a land of shadow, wonder, pleasure and rest. This wintry evening program brings together old and new choral classics to transport you to the realm of dreams and stars.
Bookending the program are two very different songs by Australian composers that transcend the need for words. Leek’s deceptively simple At Sunset captures breathless wonder, suspended in a uniquely Australian twilight, at the crossing from light to darkness. Anne Boyd’s extended work As I Crossed a Bridge of Dreams completes the nocturnal journey to an altered level of consciousness.
In between be entranced by some favourites from Western Europe celebrating the wakening hours, before contemporary giants Whitacre and Esenvalds lead you to your slumber. Come and join Coro Innominata on a Saturday evening – tickets are available on their website or at the door.
- Stephen LEEK | At sunset
- Josef RHEINBERGER | Abendlied
- John WILBYE | Draw on, sweet night
- Camille SAINT-SAËNS | Calme des nuits
- Julius BENEDICT | A drinking song
- Mary Jane LEACH | Night blossoms
- Daniel ELDER | Twinkle, twinkle little star
- Erik ESENVALDS | Stars
- Erik ESENVALDS | Only in sleep
- Eric WHITACRE | With a lily in your hand
- Eric WHITACRE | Sleep
- Anne BOYD | As I crossed a bridge of dreams
- Samuel BARBER | Sure on this shining night