- This event has passed.
Ensemble Offspring | Lone Hemispheres
7 November 2019 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm AEDT$35
Lone Hemispheres features chamber musicians as soloists in works inspired by masterpieces of the European avant-garde. Performing alone yet moving within each other’s orbit, Lamorna Nightingale (flute), Jason Noble (clarinet) and Claire Edwardes (percussion) explore harmonious solitude in world premieres by Damien Ricketson, 2017 Noisy Women Commission recipient Elizabeth Younan and local composer, Tristan Coelho. These new Australian works comment on and are framed in concert, by classics of the genre by Franco Donatoni and Luciano Berio.
- Franco Donatoni | Omar (movt 1) (vibraphone solo)
- Luciano Berio | Sequenza 1 (flute solo)
- Franco Donatoni | Soft (bass clarinet solo)
- Damien Ricketson | Borderlines (clarinet solo) WP
- Elizabeth Younan | Fantasia for Solo Flute (2018 Noisy Women Commission) WP
- Tristan Coelho | A Line is a Dot that Went for a Walk (vibraphone solo)
- Jason Noble | clarinet
- Lamorna Nightingale | flute
- Claire Edwardes | percussion
- Michelle St Anne – The Living Room Theatre