- This event has passed.
Ensemble Offspring: Sizzle
29 April 2018 @ 3:00 pm - 6:00 pm AEST
From art music to pop music and everything in between, Sizzle returns to the Petersham Bowling Club for another year of free, family-friendly aural delights.
2018 features Ensemble Offspring’s virtuosic instrumentalists alongside two driving forces in Sydney’s music world; Satsuki Odamura and her Sydney Koto Ensemble; and Michelle Leonard with her interactive new work The Audience Choir. David Lang’s Cheating, Lying, Stealing whirls through the club alongside the Australian premiere of Erik Griswold’s Action Music 2, and we once again hear from 2017 Hatched Academy composer Ciaran Frame with his catchy quartet Listeners as Spectators. Liz Jigalin also returns with an interactive musical experience featuring her Sound Parcels downstairs. Bring along the family and revel in the fun and raucous variety show that is Ensemble Offspring’s annual Sizzle.
- Erik Griswold – Action Music II (World Premiere) for bass clarinet, viola, percussion, keyboard, clarinet, cello, flute [12’]
- Ciaran Frame – Listeners as Spectators for bass clarinet, viola, percussion, keyboard + electronics [8’]
- David Lang – Cheating, Lying, Stealing for piano, percussion, cello, bass clarinet, brake drums [10’5]
- Sydney Koto Ensemble
- Alice Chance – Audience Choir (World Premiere) [15’]
- Elizabeth Jigalin – Sound Parcels performances & survey (World Premiere)
- Artistic Associate Georgina Oakes – solo set
- Koto Ensemble
- Elizabeth Jigalin
- Alice Chance
- Georgina Oakes (Hatched Academy Associate Artist)
- James Wannan (viola)
- Claire Edwardes (percussion)
- Zubin Kanga (piano)
- Jason Noble (clarinet)
- Lamorna Nightingale (flute)