- This event has passed.
Ensemble Offspring | Hatched Academy Open Mic Concert
17 August 2019 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm AEST$20
Hatched Academy is Ensemble Offspring’s intensive performance and composition mentoring program designed to provide practical experience to the next generation of innovative young Australian artists. Hatched Academy participants are our artistic and cultural leaders of the future.
Hatched Open Mic Concert
Hear the music closest to the hearts of the artists who will be our next generation of culture makers, movers and shakers in Australia. Hatched Open Mic musicians are handed the stage and the support of Ensemble Offspring, and asked to do something innovative. In 2019 we welcome Bianca Gannon and Elliot Hughes all the way from Melbourne and local sensations, percussionist Niki Johnson and bassist Will Hanson.
- Elliot HUGHES | Dawn (trumpet and Indonesian gangsa)
- Bianca GANNON | New Work (solo piano/gamelan) WP
- Lewis INGHAM | Structures: a (trumpet & electronics)
- Bianca GANNON/Elliot HUGHES | Improvisation
- Will HANSON/Niki JOHNSON | Improvisation
- Luciano BERIO | Psy (solo double bass)
- Solly FRANK | New Work (solo double bass) WP
- Josephine MACKEN | New Work (solo double bass) WP
- Franco DONATONI | Omar (solo vibraphone)
* WP = World Premiere
- Bianca Gannon | piano/gamelan (Melbourne)
- Elliot Hughes | trumpet (Melbourne)
- Niki Johnson | percussion (Sydney)
- Will Hanson | double bass (Sydney)