- This event has passed.
French Connections | Zelman Symphony
24 March @ 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm AEDT
PROMOTION: 20% DISCOUNT FOR CLASSIKON FANS. Just use the code CLASSIKON when purchasing tickets.
Zelman Symphony opens its 2018 season with a tribute to Claude Debussy, who passed away exactly a century ago. As well as his iconic Prélude à l’après-midi d’un faune, we feature works by the contemporaries he influenced – Fauré, Ravel and Stravinsky.
We welcome highly regarded Melbourne pianist Caroline Almonte, a graduate of the Juilliard School in New York and a member of the Sutherland Trio, in Ravel’s Piano Concerto in G.
And the climax of this program will be Stravinsky’s Firebird Suite, full of colour and mystery, a fitting tribute to Debussy.
- Rick Prakhoff – conductor
- Caroline Almonte – piano
- Fauré – Pelléas et Mélisande Suite
- Debussy arr Ravel – Sarabande
- Ravel – Piano Concerto in G
- Debussy – Prélude à l’après-midi d’un faune
- Stravinsky – Firebird Suite (1945 version)