LIME1: UNSW Orchestra and Wind Symphony
12 April @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm AEST
The repertoire of the Wind Symphony features works from all eras and styles, including jazz, popular and art-music forms. The Ensemble comprises about 50 woodwind and brass players on campus.
The Orchestra’s repertoire is broadly from the Classical and Romantic eras. More recent works by contemporary Australian composers are well represented in the Orchestra’s programs, as is film music from the past four decades.
Concertos for various solo instruments figure prominently. The soloists in these concertos are mostly students from the University’s music department.
UNSWWS conductor: Paul Vickers
UNSW conductor: Steven Hillinger
- UNSW Wind Symphony
- UNSW Orchestra
- BRAHMS | Academic Festival Overture
- SVENDSON |Andante funebre
- PAGANINI | Violin Concerto Mvt 1 with soloist Sarah Chang
UNSW Wind Symphony
- GRAINGER arr. Sousa | Handel In the Strand
- WHITACRE |October
- De MEIJ | Symphony No 1 for Band
- TZYIK | Riffs