- This event has passed.
Lucinda Collins: Concert Grand
23 July @ 2:30 pm - 4:30 pm AEST
Two ecstatic Classical masterpieces by two of the greatest composers—quite simply a concert to leave you uplifted and elated.
Beethoven burst onto Vienna’s orchestral scene in 1800 with his resplendent first symphony. Dramatic, witty, majestic, and joyous by turns, this is Beethoven at his high-energy, optimistic best.
Mozart’s Piano Concerto No 23 is one of the best-loved of all works for piano and orchestra. To perform it, we have the remarkable Lucinda Collins, admired by MCO’s Artistic Director William Hennessy as “an ideal in pianism, musical thought, intelligence, and passionate musical communication.”
- DEBUSSY arr NILSON – Préludes Book 1: selections
- MOZART – Piano Concerto No 17 in G major K453
- MENDELSSOHN – Piano Concerto in A minor MWV O2: II Adagio
- BEETHOVEN – Symphony No 1 in C major Op 21
- Lucinda Collins PIANO
- William Hennessy DIRECTOR