- This event has passed.
Music for Albania – A concert to raise funds for the relief effort after the recent earthquake in Albania
16 December 2019 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm AEDT
Admission $30 at the door.
A concert to raise funds for the relief effort after the recent earthquake in Albania.
A Concert of music by Albanian composers Enis Mullaj, Ergis Spahiu and Kris Sopiqoti as well as Mozart, Schumann, Andrián Pertout and Alan Holley.
Admission $30 at the door and a not to miss Raffle. Sydney artists Merrick Fry and Rod Holdaway have donated artworks and also, three fine bottles!
- Diane Berger has been principal piccolo with the Opera Australia Orchestra for nearly 30 years and has performed many solo and chamber music concerts throughout Australia.
- One of Sydney’s most active and important clarinettists Richard Rourke performs with the Opera Australia Orchestra as well as performing numerous recitals in Sydney each year.
- Principal Trombone of the Opera Australia Orchestra Greg van der Struik is one of Australia’s foremost brass performers and has performed over 50 premieres of works by Australian composers. The Opera Australia Orchestra performs at the Sydney Opera House.
- Sumiko Yamamura is one of the most active and loved accompanists in Sydney with a most wide ranging repertoire from baroque music to music of today.
- Ian Sykes is the driving force behind Sirius Chamber Ensemble and performs new and old music for clarinet solo and in ensemble across Australia.
- Freelance trumpeter Harriet Channon, as part of her doctoral studies, is performing many works for unaccompanied trumpet by Australian composers in Sydney and in Melbourne.
Diane, Richard and Ian have already performed several works by Albanian composers.
Richard Rourke and Greg van der Struik appear as soloists on HAMMERINGS RECORDS.