- This event has passed.
Newcastle Music Festival: Mostly Mozart – Newcastle Youth Orchestra
7 August @ 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm AEST
Tickets: $30 (Adult), $20 (Concession)
Interested in a Festival Pass? Click Here for more information
- Newcastle Youth Orchestra
- Ian Cook (conductor)
- Simone Easthope (soprano)
- Benjamin Moser (piano)
Now in its 7th year, Newcastle Youth Orchestra, under conductor Ian Cook, will present a program of Mozart dappled with Mendelssohn in the 2018 Newcastle Music Festival. Our soloists are two international artists, soprano Simone Easthope and concert pianist Benjamin Moser. Both artists are graduates from the Julliard School of Music, now working in Germany. Simone grew up in the Upper Hunter before studying at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music. They are featured in Mozart’s Piano Concerto No 23 and the motet Exultate Jubilate for soprano and orchestra. The program includes the popular Hebrides Overture by Mendelssohn and a transcription for brass ensemble of his Organ Sonata No 6.
- Felix MENDELSSOHN – The Hebrides (Fingal’s Cave) Overture
- WA MOZART – Piano Concerto No 23 in A, K488
- WA MOZART – Ch‘io mi scordi di te? K505 for soprano and piano obligato
- WA MOZART – Motet – Exultate Jubilate K165 for soprano and orchestra
- Felix MENDELSSOHN – Organ Sonata No 6 Op 65 in d minor for brass ensemble (Transcribed by Taylor)
With special thanks to the City of Newcastle