- This event has passed.
John Noble’s Quartet Program | Quartets on Track
3 November 2019 @ 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm AEDT
Tickets: Standard $30 | Concession $20
The string quartet is one of the most prominent chamber ensembles in classical music. For audiences it offers a wealth of virtuosic repertoire and musical enjoyment. For players, a highly competitive field with rich rewards for the ensembles who break through.
John Noble’s Quartet Program offers inspiring mentoring and performance opportunities to emerging string players across Victoria and this concert is a celebration of their amazing talents. A lively feast of chamber music, it features John Noble, Flinders Quartet and students and community members from all over the state.
The quartets engage and challenge one another, in moving performances of beloved works by Albinoni, Grainger, Haydn, Mozart and J. Strauss. Another highlight is Vivaldi’s iconic Concerto in C for violin and two cellos performed by renowned violinist Jo Beaumont.
Discover the talent of these fine musicians as they perform with their professional mentors in a joyous afternoon of music-making.
- Students of John Noble’s String Quartet Program
- Jo Beaumont | violin
- Flinders Quartet
- Antonio VIVALDI | Concerto for Violin and 2 Cellos in C, RV561
- Antonio VIVALDI | Concerto for Strings in D minor, RV127
- Joseph HAYDN | String Quartet No.62 in C, Op.76 No.3, Hob.III:77 ‘Emperor’
- Wolfgang Amadeus MOZART | String Quartet in C, K465, Dissonance
- Tomaso ALBINONI | Violin Concerto in C, T.Co 2
- Johann STRAUSS | Der Musikalische Salon from Die Fledermaus
- Percy GRAINGER | Molly on the Shore
Presented by Melbourne Recital Centre and Itet – John Noble’s Quartet Program