- This event has passed.
REMEMBER BACH FESTIVAL III
10 November @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm AEDTFree – $30
A Festival Day in celebration of J S Bach with a focus on historical instruments and Historically Inspired Performance.
- 10am – 12 noon String/Wind MASTERCLASS
- 12.15 – 1pm Organ Recital ‘Bach & Friends’. Music by J S & C P E Bach, Buxtehude, Böhm & Pachelbel
- 2 – 2.30pm Masterclass participants performance
- 3 – 4pm BAROQUE TRIPTYCH – Tripartite instrumental compositions by Johann Sebastian Bach: Transcriptions of his celebrated organ trios featuring mellow-toned members of the baroque oboe family, and a sublimely expressive Cantabile for violin and obbligato harpsichord form the centrepiece. Flanked by inventive Fantasias and small-scale Trios to complete the symmetry of our one-hour musical triptych.
- 4pm : afternoon tea & discussion
- AUSTRAL HARMONY on historical instruments:
- Margaret Caley – baroque violin
- Jane Downer – baroque oboe, oboe d’amore & oboe da caccia
- Phillip Gearing – harpsichord
Tickets including Day Passes or individual events from TryBooking & on the door