- This event has passed.
6 August 2017 @ 4:30 pm - 5:30 pm AEST
Sideband: Voce will present a programme of works from mostly emerging Australian composers that include either explicitly or metaphorically, a “voice”, including the premiere of Brad Gill’s Buddhist influenced Pali-text work We Dwell Alone. The concert will also feature Aristea Mellos’ work Seasonal Flocking, A Requiem by Katia Tiutiunnik, Qi by Wang Chenwei, Sarah Thompson’s The Music Box commissioned by Sideband in 2017, and a new arrangement of the work White Noise by Peter McNamara.
1. Qi – Wang Chenwei (bass flute and percussion)
2. We Dwell Alone – Brad Gill (soprano, bass flute and vibraphone )
3. A Requiem – Katia Tiutiunnik (bass flute and vibraphone)
4. White Noise – Peter McNamara (soprano, bass flute and vibraphone)
5. Seasonal Flocking – Aristea Mellos (soprano and percussion)
6. The Music Box – Sarah Thompson (vibraphone and electronics)
Zoe Drummond – soprano, Jane Bishop – bass flute, Brad Gill – percussion.