- This event has passed.
29 September 2018 @ 7:00 pm - 8:30 pm AEST$20 – $40
Shards of sound and jagged rhythms envelop your ears and tickle your feet as Ensemble Offspring brings to life the wild and uncompromising squiggles of local composers Alex Pozniak, Tristan Coelho and Holly Harrison.
With sound worlds so distinctive, we needed to coin a new name for their music. We’re calling it “Spectral Tech”.
The virtuosic musicians of Ensemble Offspring get down and dirty with these three premieres alongside an ensemble favourite, Thirteen Colours of the Setting Sun, by French spectralist, Tristan Murail. Roland Peelman conducts for this immersive sound sensation at the Sydney Conservatorium.
- Tristan Coelho – A line is a dot that went for a walk for vibraphone (World Premiere) 10’
- Holly Harrison – Bend/Boogie/Break for flute, clarinet, violin, cello, percussion, piano (World Premiere) 10’
- Alex Pozniak – en Masse for flute, clarinet, violin, cello, percussion, piano (World Premiere) 20’
- Tristan Murail – Thirteen Colours of the Setting Sun (1978) for flute, clarinet, piano, violin, cello 13’
- Roland Peelman (conductor)
- Véronique Serret (violin)
- Rowena Macneish (cello)
- Claire Edwardes (percussion)
- Zubin Kanga (piano)
- Jason Noble (clarinet)
- Lamorna Nightingale (flute)