- This event has passed.
Sydney Chamber Choir | Time & Place
10 November 2019 @ 3:00 pm - 5:00 pm AEDT
Tickets: Adult from $40 | Concession from $35 | Student $25
A journey around the world and across the centuries.
English by birth, Canadian by adoption, Irish by extraction and Scotch by absorption, Healey Willan’s lush choral harmonies explore the surprisingly sensual language of the Bible’s Song of Songs.
Paul Stanhope’s I Have Not Your Dreaming is a tribute to the Australian poet Oodgeroo Noonuccal. Young Australian composer Ella Macens draws on the rich singing tradition of her Latvian heritage in Stāvi Stīvi, Ozoliņ. Passion, tenderness and loss shape the delicate beauty of Clare Maclean’s West Irish Ballad.
René Clausen takes us out onto the mysterious expanses of the open sea in Tonight Eternity Alone; Morten Lauridson’s rhapsodic Nocturnes travel inward to reveal the deepest secrets of the night.
And at the heart of the program, two powerful meditations on the inescapable truth of time: David Conte’s Invocation and Dance follows the poetry of Walt Whitman in a celebration of nature’s cycles of death and renewal, and Jonathan Dove’s exquisite song cycle The Passing of the Year.
- Sydney Chamber Choir
- Sam Allchurch | Conductor
- Jonathan DOVE | The Passing Of The Year
- Healey WILLAN | Fair In Face
- Healey WILLAN | I Beheld Her, Beautiful As A Dove
- Healey WILLAN | Rise Up, My Love, My Fair One
- Paul STANHOPE | I Have Not Your Dreaming
- Ella MACENS | Stāvi Stīvi, Ozoliņ (Stand Strong, Oak Tree)
- Clare MACLEAN | A West Irish Ballad
- René CLAUSEN | Tonight Eternity Alone
- Morten LAURIDSEN | Nocturnes
- David CONTE | Invocation And Dance