- This event has passed.
Sydney Chamber Choir’s 2019 Concert Season Subscription
30 March @ 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm AEDT
- Premium Reserve Adult – $175.00
- Premium Reserve Concession – $160.00
- A Reserve Adult – $145.00
- A Reserve Concession – $130.00
Hear Sydney Chamber Choir tell stories which shape who we are as people and as a society. Come to hear something you’ve never heard before as the choir welcomes their newly appointed Music Director Sam Allchurch.
Music holds a mirror up to itself in Music on Music, a concert including Bach’s joyous motet Singet dem Herrn, Britten’s transcendent Rejoice in the Lamb along with other works by Byrd, Palestrina, Josquin des Prez, Elliott Carter and James MacMillan. In A Royal Affair music and poetry intertwine in the intimate songs of Judith Weir, the current Master of the Queen’s Music, and the very Australian sounds of former Master Malcolm Williamson in his Symphony for Voices. The concert also features Handel’s regal Zadok the Priest and his most triumphant and thrilling Dettingen Te Deum. Two powerful meditations on time in Jonathan Dove’s The passing of the year and David Conte’s Invocation and Dance end the season in Time and Place, together with wonderful music by Paul Stanhope, Ella Macens and Morten Lauridsen.
- 30 March 2019 | 7:30pm | University Sydney | Music on Music
- 1 June 2019 | 7:30pm | University of Sydney | A Royal Affair
- 10 November 2019 | 3pm | Sydney Conservatorium | Time & Place