- This event has passed.
Sydney inSpires: National Youth Choir of Australia in Concert
10 July @ 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm AEST
Tickets: $40; free for conference registrants
The Royal School of Church Music is excited to present Sydney InSpires resident ensemble, the National Youth Choir of Australia, in concert under the direction of Patron Dr David Hill MBE.
The programme will include:
- Te Deum – Collegium Regale | Herbert Howells (1892-1983)
- Magnificat and Nunc Dimittis | Michael Tippett (1905-98)
- Mass for Seven Voices | William Yaxley (b. 1994)
- Trinity College motets | Charles Villiers Stanford (1852-1924)
- Beati quorum
- Justorum animae
- Coelos ascendit
- Festival Te Deum and Jubilate Deo | Benjamin Britten (1913-1976)
- Tallis Canon | Thomas Tallis (1505-1585)/arr. Robert Chilcott (b.1955)
The National Youth Choir of Australia (NYCA) brings together Australia’s most outstanding young adult singers from around the country. For over two decades, NYCA has operated as a nationally auditioned SATB chamber choir for singers aged 18-26. It has drawn its membership from all states and territories, bringing together many of Australia’s best young choral singers to meet annually for an intensive workshop culminating in a series of public concerts. It has focused on presenting a broad repertoire with a strong commitment to Australian choral music.
This event is part of Sydney inSpires, Australia’s largest-ever ecumenical conference celebrating and growing all genres of church music. Festival events are open to everyone, regardless of whether you’re attending Sydney inSpires. Sydney inSpires is organised by the NSW Branch of the Royal School of Church Music. For more information, click here.