- This event has passed.
Twilight Musical Dialogues: Musical Kin – Father and Daughter
9 August 2019 @ 7:00 pm - 8:15 pm AEST$35 – $50
Tickets: Adult $50 | Concession $35
Twilight Musical Dialogues have become an exciting feature of Newcastle music, and this concert will be no exception. Works by composers with extensive family trees, including the Bachs, Mozarts, Mendelssohns and Schumanns will be performed by father and daughter, Christopher (piano) and Miriam Allan (soprano) along with flautist and Twilight Musical Dialogues Artistic Director, Sally Walker. Pianist Elliot Kozary will be the featured Young Artist at this concert.
The “sublime singing” (Gramophone, 2017) of Newcastle born soprano Miriam Allan has been enjoyed across the world, from Australia, through Japan and Singapore, as well as at festivals throughout Europe and North America.
Twilight Musical Dialogues’ usual array of delicious delectations and wine for tasting will be on offer from 6pm (included in your ticket price).
- Miriam Allan | Soprano
- Sally Walker | Flute & Artistic Director
- Chris Allan | Piano
- Elliot Kozary | Piano (Featured Young Artist)
- Wolfgang Amadeus MOZART | Il re pastore K. 208, L’Amero saro costante
- Leopold MOZART | From Nannerl’s Notebook
- Fanny MENDELSSOHN | Bergelust, Nach Süden, Vorlauf
- Felix MENDELSSOHN | Songs Without Words Op.53 no.19 in A Flat Major
- Clara SCHUMANN | Warum willst du and’re fragen
- Clara SCHUMANN | Nocturne in F major op 6. No 2. (featured Young Artist Elliot Kozary)
- Robert SCHUMANN | Romanze #2
- Johann Sebastian BACH | Cantata BWV82 “Ich habe genug”: Schlummert Ein
- Johann Christoph BACH | Sonata No. 1 for Flute and Obligato Continuo in D minor
This concert will be a part of the 2019 Newcastle Music Festival. Keep up to date with the 2019 Festival by visiting their website: http://www.newcastlemusicfestival.org