- This event has passed.
Twilight Musical Dialogues: Musical Kin – Husband & Wife
21 June 2019 @ 7:00 pm - 8:15 pm AEST$35 – $50
Tickets: Adult $50 | Concession $35
Both stemming from musical families, husband and wife Ami Williamson and Clemens Leske join Artistic Director Sally Walker to share part of their artistic lives with us, with works by composers with extensive family trees: the Bach, Mozart, Schumann and Williamson families, including some of Ami’s original songs.
“The family that plays together, stays together”. You will have heard of Bach, Schumann, Mozart and Mendelssohn, but have you heard of Wilhelm Friedemann Bach, Clara Schumann, Maria Anna Mozart or Fanny Mendelssohn? Musical dynasties often had greater and lesser known family members.
Musical Kin concerts explore artistic lives of composers with extensive family trees, performed by members of musical families. Both Ami and Clemens stem from a strongly musically genetic pool; Ami as the daughter of Australian icon, Singer Song-writer John Williamson, and Clemens as the son of Clemens Leske Senior (piano) and Beryl Kimber (violin). We will talk to them about what it was like growing up in a musical household and continuing to live on one, amidst selected works from the Bachs, Mozarts, Mendelssohns, Schumanns and Williamsons, including Ami’s original songs.
The featured Youth Artist for this concert is Novocastrian alto saxophonist, Naomi Blanch.
Twilight Musical Dialogues’ usual array of delicious delectations and wine for tasting will be on offer from 6pm (included in your ticket price).
- Sally Walker | Flute & Artistic Director
- Ami Williamson | Singer Song-writer
- Clemens Leske | Piano
- Naomi Blanch | Alto saxophone (Featured Youth Artist)
- W.A. MOZART | Sonata in C Major K. 14, Allegro
- Leopold MOZART | Notenbuch für Nannerl, Allegro
- Ami WILLIAMSON | The Soldier’s Wife
- Fanny MENDELSSOHN | Sehnsucht Op. 9/7
- Felix MENDELSSOHN | Songs without Words Op. 62/6
- Ami WILLIAMSON | The Mother-in-law song
- Clara SCHUMANN | Warum willst du and’re fragen
- Robert SCHUMANN | Fantasiestuck #1
- Carla BLEY (arr. Terence Koo) | Egyptian
- Ami WILLIAMSON | Don’t Grow Up So Fast
- Wilhelm Friedemann BACH | Flute Sonata in E minor BR WFB B 17, Allegro ma non tanto
- Johann Sebastian BACH | Flute Sonata in Eb Major BWV1031, Siciliana
- Carl Philipp Emanuel BACH | Concerto in D Minor Wq. 22, Allegri di molto