- This event has passed.
UNSW Orchestra and Wind Symphony
13 April 2018 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm AEST
The repertoire of the Wind Symphony features works from all eras and styles, including jazz, popular and art-music forms. The Ensemble comprises about 50 woodwind and brass players on campus.
The Orchestra’s repertoire is broadly from the Classical and Romantic eras. More recent works by contemporary Australian composers are well represented in the Orchestra’s programs, as is film music from the past four decades. Concertos for various solo instruments figure prominently. The soloists in these concertos are mostly students from the University’s music department.
- UNSWWS conductor: Paul Vickers
- UNSW conductor: Colin Piper
- UNSW Wind Symphony
- UNSW Orchestra
- BERNSTEIN Candide Overture
- COPLAND Rodeo Four Dance Episodes
- Gimme, gimme from Thoroughly Modern Millie
- Losing my mind from Follies
- Meadowlark from The Baker’s Wife
UNSW Wind Symphony
- BARNES CHANE Variations on a Korean Folk Tune
- GRAINGER Children’s March
- RIMSKY-KORSAKOV Procession of the Nobles
- HOLSINGER Havendance
- STANHOPE Little Ripper March
- HOLST First Suite in E flat
- NELHYBEL Symphonic Movement