- This event has passed.
Willoughby Symphony 2019 Concert Season Subscription
23 February @ 7:30 pm - 9:30 pm AEDT
Purchase a subscription of six, five or four concerts to the 2019 Willoughby Symphony Season
The Willoughby Symphony proudly presents the 2019 Subscription Series, RHAPSODIC JOURNEY, a six concert program that will take you on a magical odyssey with a mix of new compositions and favourites.
The resident orchestra of The Concourse, the Willoughby Symphony is revered as Australia’s finest community orchestra, led by the internationally renowned Chief Conductor and Artistic Director, Dr Nicholas Milton AM.
In 2019, the Willoughby Symphony welcomes award-winning composer, Kate Moore as Composer-In-Residence. Kate is an Australian-Dutch musician and composer of new music. Kate’s works have been performed in Amsterdam’s Concertgebouw, New York’s Carnegie Hall, The Sydney Opera House and at major festivals across the globe. Willoughby Symphony present two major premieres, including a new Piano Concerto specially commissioned by the Willoughby Symphony from Kate.
- Gala | 23 & 24 February | The Concourse, Chatswood
- Eternity | 6 & 7 April | The Concourse, Chatswood
- Pastoral | 1 & 2 June | The Concourse, Chatswood
- Enigma | 27 & 28 July | The Concourse, Chatswood
- Bravura | 21 & 22 September | The Concourse, Chatswood
- Titan | 2 & 3 November | The Concourse, Chatswood
The Willoughby Symphony will also perform a number of feature concerts.