Starting at: 7:30 PM
Venue: Melbourne Recital Centre, Elisabeth Murdoch Hall (31 Sturt Street, Southbank, VIC, 3000)
Single Tickets: Adult $75/$95 | Concession $65 | Student $30 | Group 10+ $67.50
Subscription Tickets: 3 Concerts Premium $256.50 | 3 Concerts A Reserve Adult $202.50 | Concession $175.50
To the end of love – Schubert’s ‘Unfinished’ Symphony and Rossini’s daring Barber of Seville.
Experience the style and grandeur of a live performance with full symphonic period instrument orchestra, conducted by Richard Gill AO, with the mesmerising mezzo-soprano Fiona Campbell singing the most extraordinary arias from Rossini’s operas.
The intrigue and daring of Rossini’s operas, written early in the 19th century, bring unbridled passion to the concert stage with heroic and comedic characters, setting your heart racing with lively and engaging orchestral energy and shimmering colours. Schubert’s portrayal of unrequited love will be felt keenly in his Overture in C minor and his Unfinished Symphony, whose depth and breadth of passion journeys us into the unknown.
- Gioacchino Rossini (1792-1868) – Il Barbiere di Siviglia (1816)
- Recit: Una voce poco fa; Aria: Io sono docile
- Gioacchino Rossini – L’Italiana in Algeri (1813)
- Aria: Cruda sorte! Amor tiranno!
- Gioacchino Rossini – La Cenerentola (1816)
- Recit: Nacqui all’affanno; Aria: Non piu mesta
- Franz Schubert (1797-1828) – Overture in C minor D.8 for Strings (1811)
- Franz Schubert – ‘Unfinished’ Symphony No.8 in B minor D.759 (1822)
- Richard Gill AO – artistic director & principal conductor
- Fiona Campbell – mezzo-soprano soloist
Add to your calendar
While classikON strives for accuracy in the information we provide, we accept no responsibility for inaccuracies. If you see an error or omission, please let us know and check details before attending a concert.
If you have any questions, just contact us.