Starting at: 6:30 PM
Venue: Sydney Conservatorium of Music: Recital Hall West (Conservatorium Road, Sydney, NSW, 2000)
Stephanie McCallum and Susan Collins bring to life performances from a collection of original manuscripts for violin and piano in the Victorian State library. Fritz Hart arrived in Australia in 1908 and became leader of the Melbourne Conservatorium in 1912, worked with Dame Nellie Melba and later became permanent conductor of the Melbourne Symphony Orchestra. We pair these Australian heritage works with the charming early Idyll from a similar period, by Sydney composer, Raymond Hanson.
Performers: Susan Collins – Violin; Stephanie McCallum – Piano;
- Fritz Bennicke Hart (1874 – 1949) Sonata for Violin and Piano No. 1
- Raymond Hanson (1913 – 1976) Idyll in D minor, Op. 2
- Johann Sebastian Bach (1685 – 1750) Two Chorales arranged F.B. Hart
- Raymond Hanson (1913 – 1976) Legend Op. 20
- Fritz Bennicke Hart (1874 – 1949) Sonata for Violin and Piano No. 3
Add to your calendar
While classikON strives for accuracy in the information we provide, we accept no responsibility for inaccuracies. If you see an error or omission, please let us know and check details before attending a concert.
If you have any questions, just contact us.