- Suite No. 1 in G major, BWV 1007
- Suite No. 2 in D minor, BWV 1008
- Suite No. 3 in C major, BWV 1009
- Suite No. 4 in E-flat major, BWV 1010
- Suite No. 5 in C minor, BWV 1011
- Suite No. 6 in D major, BWV 1012
Last night at the Wagner Art Gallery in Paddington, after a few glasses of wine and a wander around the gallery, we were treated to Suites 1 and 6. The gallery had unexpectedly great acoustics and Zoe’s performance was captivating.
I use a very simple concert rating scale based on how many business problems were solved. The aim is to solve none. Afterwards, Zoe asked ‘So, Kate, how many business problems did you solve?’. I didn’t solve any. Work didn’t enter my mind. All my thoughts were with the music. A wonderful escape for an hour on Sunday night.
I highly recommend, if you can, going to hear all six being performed in 3 different spaces at Montsalvat in Eltham, Victoria, in late November.
The painting behind Zoe Knighton was by Neil Taylor. His works were beautiful and had an excellent light to them.