The Australia Quartet tick many of the new audience ‘objection’ boxes and it is why you should head along in 2013: [list type=’arrow’]
- It is too expensive: entry free or by donation
- At concert halls or churches I’m not familiar/comfortable with: a theatre at UTS
- It goes for ages: less than 2 hours including interval, it is (a little on the long side but) not too long
- Not a social night out: wonderful Mudgee wine as you walk out and the quartet join the audience to chat
- Audience is not my age group: there was a broad mix of people of all ages
- It is too formal: no need to get dressed up at this one, as a week night at a university is filled with students
They’re still finding their formula a bit, but are an excellent night out. We hope you join us at one soon.
This was the last concert for Australia Quartet‘s inaugural year together and as UTS Piano Quartet in Residence. Their 2013 concerts will be posted in our calendar soon.