- This event has passed.
Sarah Grunstein | Debussy, Beethoven, Chopin
3 November 2019 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm AEDT
Tickets (all seating is unreserved): Adult $80 | International & domestic full-time students $30
Performing Beethoven, Chopin, and Debussy’s ‘Estampes’, internationally acclaimed pianist Sarah Grunstein returns by popular demand to the intimate Utzon Room.
Praised by The New York Times for her” penetrating musical intelligence”, internationally acclaimed Australian pianist Sarah Grunstein has performed in the United States, Austria, Hungary, Italy, the United Kingdom, New Zealand, and her homeland. Reviews have likened her performances to those of Dame Myra Hess, Harold Samuel, and Wanda Landowska.
A sought-after pianist and educator who trained at the Sydney Conservatorium and The Juilliard School, she is fervent about historic pianos and Bach improvisation. Inspired by historical performance interpretations, Sarah Grunstein has taught at The Juilliard School (Teaching Fellow), the Manhattan School of Music, the Sydney Conservatorium of Music, and the City University of New York. Passionate about embracing her listeners, her Sydney Opera House recitals include her pre-concert talks.
- Claude DEBUSSY | Estampes
- Ludwig van BEETHOVEN | Sonata in C major, Op. 53 (Waldstein)
- Frédéric CHOPIN | Barcarolle in F-sharp major, Op. 60
- Frédéric CHOPIN | Mazurkas Op. 33
- Frédéric CHOPIN | Nocturnes Op. 32/1, Op. 27/1
- Frédéric CHOPIN | Berceuse in D-flat major, Op. 57
- Frédéric CHOPIN | Ballade no. 1 in G minor, Op. 23